Charles Horton Cooley, an American sociologist at the start of the 20th century, said:
“I am not who you think I am; I am not who I think I am; I am who I think you think I am“
Confidence has a lot to do with how we carry ourselves! (details)
Dinner at Suehiro Japanese Restaurant (girlfriend taking pics)
The key to confidence: Control the space!
- Move confidently
- Don’t fidget. Give your hands something to do.
- Control the tempo
- Talk slowly / Take pauses
- Take up plenty of room
- Head positioning
- Do something with your arms. – Letting your arms hang flat on your side can make you seem stiff and uncomfortable.
- Turn your shoulders. – Standing straight in front of the camera is not a great pose for most.
- Roll your shoulders back.
- It only looks awkward if you make it awkward.
Again, the key to confidence is to control the space!